A minute of discussion between HUSO and UniSZA, 11 November 2011
Activity 1. The 2nd conference at UniSZA
- First or second week of October 2012 (before Hari Raya Aidil Adha)
- Theme: International Conference on ASEAN Cultures in Modern World (ICAC-MW) – tbd
- Papers are open to all, not only UniSZA and PSU, including grad students
- Important dates
- Jan 2012 = calls for papers (abstracts)
- Gentlemen agreement: 8-10 papers from PSU 8-10 from UniSZA
- July 2012: Full papers
- Promote the conference asap.
Activity 2. Study Abroad Program – SAP
- 2 months from March to May 2012 (I: Jun – Oct, II: Nov – Feb) break: Mar – May
- Credit transferrable
- At least 3 credits
- Language courses or ??? (Puan Azizah Endut- Dean of Faculty of Languages and Communications)
- Payment??? à tuition fee: FREE????
- Accommodation?? FREE???
- HUSO needs to visit UniSZA and discuss this topic rigorously before New Year celebration.
Activity 3. International Conference on Foreign Language Teaching
- 2013: open all foreign languages (German, French, Malay, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Vietnamese, English, Thai)
- First host: PSU 2013, UniSZA 2015
- English is a main language for presentations.
Activity 4. English Camp
- Feb 2012 TESOL diploma (10 days: 7 days on campus and 3 days outside) time tbd.
- PSU students can join the camp.
- Staff are welcome to observe, a part of staff exchange.
- Participants qualifications: strong command of English, self esteem,
- Food and lodging are students’ responsibility. (2,000 Baht)
- 20 students from PSU, 5 staff
Activity 5. Arabic language collaboration
- Available for PSU staff to further MA. and Ph.D.
- Arabic Camp???
- HUSO and FICS to be discussed when PSU visits UniSZA.
Activity 6. Social Works
- UniSZA (Dept of Social Science) offers Social Works program in 2012.
- HUSO offers Social Works program in 2012 (Jun will be the first batch).
- This issue will be discussed before NY.
November 15, 2011